Australia Post takes online security very seriously. That’s why we’ve developed two electronic authentication solutions – VIP Online Security and Keypost - to protect an organisation’s customers and online reputation.
Authentication of online customers
Our VIP Online Security service is a safer, more convenient way of protecting an organisation’s network from hackers and safeguarding information against online theft and fraud. It provides an extra layer of security for the organisation, employees and customers during online interactions.
The benefits of this service are:
- Extra protection - Gives customers added confidence when doing business online
- Convenience - Protection-on-the-go via portable security tokens or mobile phone credentials
- Reduced costs – No licensing fees and a pay-as-you-go billing method means organisations only pay for what they use
- Scalability - The cloud-based infrastructure has the scalability to accommodate rapid changes to an organisation’s user base
The VIP Online Security is enabled by Symantec's Validation and ID Protection Service (VIP) 2-factor authentication. Employees and customers are required to provide the following 2 security factors to access an organisation’s online services:
- a user name and password.
- a unique security code supplied by a Security Token or mobile phone.
Security Token options
VIP Security Tokens offer a range of flexible and cost-effective provisioning solutions that enable organisations to:
- pre-purchase tokens upfront
- pre-purchase tokens which Australia Post will deliver to customers with an official letter from the organisation's letterhead
- direct customers to download the free* VIP mobile phone token.
Authentication of digital certificates
Our KeyPost service is accredited by the Federal Government to perform identity authentication of individuals or organisations that are applying for digital certificates. This comprehensive identity checking service can also be used for other business models that require an intensive background check.
Authenticating an applicant’s identity via our KeyPost service involves these simple steps:
- The applicant completes an online form and prints it out.
- The applicant then takes the form and required original documents to a participating post office for identity verification.
- Australia Post performs an evidence of identity (EOI) check and sends all documentation to our KeyPost service centre.
- A secondary check is performed in our KeyPost room and all documentation is securely stored.
- Once the final check is completed, the organisation concerned will be notified of the outcome so it can issue a digital certificate to the applicant.