Our comprehensive identity checks and in-person application process can help reduce your organisation's exposure to identity fraud, bad debt and credit card risk. It can also lower the number of errors made on your application forms.
Why use Australia Post for in-person identity checks?
- Experience – We’ve been performing identity checks for more than 22 years, including checks for financial service providers, passports, citizenship, Working with Children Checks and driver licence.
- Customer convenience - We can perform identity checks on an organisation’s behalf at more than 3,800 participating post offices around the country.
- Effectiveness - Our technology eliminates the need to handle photocopies or handwrite identity document details.
- Prompt data delivery - Transaction information is captured by our point-of-sale system and transferred to organisations overnight.
- Payment collection - We can collect payments on an organisation’s behalf via cash, cheque, EFTPOS and credit card.
Type of identity checks available
100-Point identity check
Our 100-Point identity check is based on verification procedures outlined in the Financial Transaction Reports Act 1988, which requires applicants to produce original identification documents worth at least 100 points.
It provides a list of primary and secondary documents that your customers can use for their 100-point identity check.
Anti Money Laundering (AML) identity check
If your organisation is among the regulated industries that fall under the Anti Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006, we can help it meet legal and regulatory obligations.
Our flexible AML identity check complies with AML / CTF legislation and allows organisations to nominate their accepted document types and combinations.
Customised identity check
Our customised identity checks are designed to meet organisations’ specific legislative, industry or organisational requirements.
These checks allow organisations to specify the exact combination of documents they require and the types of data they need from their customers' documentation.